Across the landscape of ABC News Programming, the Race and Culture reporting team will guide daily reporting and special coverage in a space that is dynamic and requires closer investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews, and incisive investigative reports.
The Producer/Reporter will report to the Coordinating Producer–Race & Culture.
ABC News is looking for a producer/reporter to focus specifically on issues of immigration at the national level. This individual must have experience reporting and producing at the federal level for multiple platforms. This person will have experience writing broadcast scripts and demonstrated editorial experience knowing the right questions to ask at press conferences and when conducting interviews. The producer/reporter will pitch stories daily to the Race and Culture Coordinating Producer and will collaborate with other ABC News shows and producers to identify opportunities to leverage content distribution particularly on digital platforms. The reporter/producer must be able to tell the story of immigration at the federal level, border, and within communities across the country.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience writing and producing video content, one (1) or more of those years must have been spent reporting/producing at the federal level
- Must show experience enterprising stories, pitching and executing ideas on a daily basis
- Must show experience booking interviews and working under tight deadlines
- Must be able to provide samples of written and video work
- Five (5) or more years of experience writing and producing video content, two (2) or more of those years spent at the federal level
- Full fluency in Spanish
- One (1) or more years’ experience reporting at the border