WPIX is looking for an experienced MMJ/reporter to join our team covering northern and central New Jersey.
We want someone who brings great story ideas to editorial meetings, cultivates sources, and wins the story each day on ALL platforms.
You must have strong storytelling skills and an energetic/creative delivery. We are looking for someone who is enterprising and passionate about news.
Ideal candidate should handle breaking news with ease, be able to multitask on all platforms, while also being able to dig deep into a variety of topics for compelling, promotable reports with high production value.
MMJ experience is required. Extensive knowledge of the New Jersey area. College degree and a minimum of five years television news reporting experience preferred; must be a team player who can multi-task under deadline pressure and work a flexible schedule.
- Pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings
- Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
- Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
- Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
- Produce content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our website
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a journalist (at least 3 of those years should be as an MMJ)
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Sony Cameras
Posted 5 Days Ago
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled