WSTM/WTVH/CW6 in Syracuse, NY, is looking for a talented and energetic Meteorologist interested in joining our CNY Central Weather Authority Team. As our Meteorologist, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. In this role, you will work with the News Director and our Chief Meteorologist to determine the format of various weather graphics, segments, and the best way to present our community the weather information they need to plan their days and be safe in the event of severe weather. We are looking for a meteorologist who is excited by the challenge of forecasting the always unpredictable weather of Central New York.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
- Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Two years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.