WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, OH, is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter. We want a reporter who has a passion for investigative and enterprise storytelling. We also require someone who can develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive story content and news reports.
Our ideal candidate will lead investigations, conduct interviews, and help expose waste and corruption. You will need to gather and write investigative content for multiple platforms. This reporter will also contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events.
Must be deadline driven, handle multiple assignments and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
No day will look the same as an Investigative Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Investigate, create, and write meaningful stories for station’s newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
- Engaging with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
- Participate in station and independent community service events
- Check tip lines, emails and respond to viewers
Additionally, this person should have a…
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 2 to 5+ years of experience as an Investigative Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.